Monday, June 26, 2006

Crying in frustration...

Was what I did over the weekend. Big storm here Friday night, power browned out and blacked out a couple times. That in and of itself didn't affect me, since I was asleep. However.

Got home Saturday morning ready to play some FFXI, and I can't. The power fluctuations did a certain unquantifiable something to my cable modem hookup while leaving the cable tv alone. What joy.

So I call up the cable people, and they say the soonest they can get a tech to come look at it is Thursday. Bullshit. I go over to the actual office this morning(the one that their 1-800 number doesn't connect to) and they say they'll send someone Tuesday morning. I'm still not happy, but that's a vast improvement. Then, about 9:30, I get a call from them saying they have a technician in the area and he'll be stopping by, which he does. And after testing everything, he goes on a walkabout to see if anything on the outside of the building has been disturbed.

Here's the funny part.

They evidently had to install some kind of new connection when they upgraded to allow cable internet, and this new interface is located over near the apartment office. However, it's not located on the cable technician's wiring blueprints, so he didn't know it was there until he physically walked over and saw it. Oi...

On the plus side, everything's working now! So I'm off to go FFXI myself to death. Vana'diel forever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home