Friday, June 02, 2006

Two posts in two days, I must be ill...

Yeah, hopefully this returns us to the 'once-a-day' schedule.

Had to buy a 'legit' copy of FFXI, a tragedy somewhat blunted by it only costing $20. Currently updating...and updating...and updating. Lemme put it this way: there were 14095 in the first set of updates. Now on the second set, there's 5217 and they're taking way longer than the first set did.

So there'll be no FFXI for me today, as I'm about to go to bed. I guess it'll be Monday morning before I get to play it, since I'm going to my buddy DFA's this weekend and I have to wait until my work buddy Buck gets online so he can use a World Pass and get me onto the Leviathan server with him, Barnesy and Snookie.

I was suggesting that we call ourselves "The Four Horsemen of Vana'diel", but there's a problem. Barnesy is a Elvaan Monk, Snookie a Galka Thief, Buck a Hume Red Mage, and I'm gonna be a Hume Red Mage. Now, in fantasy settings, cavalry or a horseback charge can be a very intimidating sight. Imagine a group of heavily armored, heavily armed foes riding pell-mell at you. Intimidating, right? Okay, now imagine that scene again, but replace the horses...with chocobos. That kinda turns it into something from 8 Bit Theater

Watched the last prelim fight on The Ultimate Fighter Season 3, Matt vs. Mike N. Really, really bad. Sloppy fighting, bad cardio on both of them, and two fighters who didn't listen to hardly anything their coaches were telling them. At least Matt had an excuse, he's DEAF!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home