Sunday, April 16, 2006

The death of Maester Seymour Guado...

Yee-ha! Got to kill him real good!

See, I bought the strategy guide to FFX not for help with the bosses, but to make sure I didn't miss any items. i.e., I never look at boss strategies until after I beat them, etc; don't look at 'to-do lists' for the next area. All I use it for are the maps.

Well, it's a Bradygames guide written by Dan Birlew, and while it's been pretty valuable to me so far, I can't help but notice that either he went through the game at a lower level than I am or he didn't 'get' the battle system.

His strategy for fighting Seymour, his Guardians and Anima was this: Use Rikku to steal potions from the Guardians so they can't cure themselves, then kill them; when Seymour summons Anima wait 'a few turns' until Shiva shows up on the Aeon list and then summon her; use her Ice spells to keep her HP high while Anima uses Pain, then go through a long and drawn out process to max out her Overdrive meter and hit Anima twice with Diamond Dust. Dismiss her as soon as you get back to Seymour, who can destroy her with his Multi- spells, use Lulu's Bio to poison Seymour, since 'keeping characters alive in this late stage of the battle is somewhat difficult'.

Here was MY strategy: Use Tidus' Spiral Cut Overdrive to take out Guardian A right off the bat; withstand Seymour's lower-level spells with Lulu's Focus; Use Auron to finish off Guardian B; and as soon as I brought Yuna into the party, I could immediately summon Shiva against Anima; then beat on the chained one a few times, then hit it with Diamond Dust, which kills it; dismiss Shiva, summon Vastria(originally Valefor) and use its Energy Ray Overdrive on Seymour, doing 9999 HP on a 6000 HP character for TEH INSTANT WIN!!!!!!

Anyway, I'm glad he's dead, but now all the characters(except Auron & Tidus) are worrying about being labeled 'traitors' for killing a Maester(even one who was plotting death & destruction and had started by murdering his own father), and the Guado people are trying to kill me. Well bring it on, boys, cause like in all RPG's, That Which Does Not Kill Me Only Makes Me Stronger, and if I could, I'd Gul Dukat the Guado in a heartbeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home