Friday, September 10, 2010

Ten Years Gone

I tried to put this on my wall, but it was too long; hence the link.

So, given the date, I was wondering: what were all of YOU doing when our world changed? September 11, 2001. I can still remember it like it was yesterday. I had gotten home and just finished watching WWF Raw, and decided to play some Perfect Dark. However, my VCR(to which I had my N64 hooked up) didn't have an "Input" button, so I always had to turn to channel 2 and then go backwards to the A/V channel. So I turn it to channel 2.

And there's the World Trade Center burning. I remember thinking it was a rather odd fire patten, then I heard one of the anchors talking about how a plane had hit the building. I also remember them wondering just how a pilot could not notice that they were flying toward a building. And just about then....another plane flies into the second tower.

I watched as the news reports flowed in; the Pentagon being attacked, a plane crashing in Pennsylvania(which I thought for a moment could have been Air Force One). And when the first tower came down...for those of you who have seen his newscasts, you will understand the impact it had to hear PETER JENNINGS at a loss for words. He couldn't get anything out for about ten seconds.

For the next few hours, I barely moved. The sheer vastness of the situation affected me, and I had a hard time getting to sleep. I can still remember the wide shot of both towers, and of the plane flying into frame and into the second tower. Unbelieveable. And truly horrifying.

Who else remembers their actions/thoughts on that day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home