Sunday, March 04, 2007

Holy...

Yeah, I just got back from my buds house, where we watched UFC 68. Some of it went the way we expected, i.e. Matt Hughes and Rich Franklin won their fights. As to the Tim Sylvia/Randy Couture fight, I think we all wanted Randy to win, but none of us thought he actually would, except for me, as I said that if Randy could take Tim down he could beat him.

That was before Randy dropped -- in case you're skimming, let me repeat that -- DROPPED a man that was thirteen years younger, six inches taller, forty pounds heavier and had a ten-inch reach advantage with a right hook before the first fifteen seconds had passed. Oh, that wasn't the end of the fight, far from it. It went the entire five rounds(25 minutes) but that punch set the tone for the entire fight. Randy dominated the whole thing(much as he did against Tito Ortiz three-and-a-half years ago), and "UFC Heavyweight Champion of the World Randy 'The Natural' Couture" has quite a nice ring to it. Congratulations, Captain America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home